My client is based in Kenya and looking for a Project Manager that comes out of the agriculture environment for a big project based in Kenya. The blueprint is in place, so this individual will be responsible for delivering and tracking the project, including gap resolution and managing go live.
The company uses Sage X3 and it is quite a big, complex project.
We need someone with strong Project Management skills that has been involved in agricultural projects before.
We also need someone that is not afraid to role up their sleeves as this is a hands-on role.
The project should last about a year before being rolled out to other countries.
The essential criteria are as follows:
- 3-4 years + project management experience – they need to have worked on some complex/tough projects
- ERP (ideally Sage) experience
- Must have strong experience tracking and managing projects. This includes risk management and escalation
- Able to drive change and motivate people (i.e. push things forward)
- Able to embed change and ways of working. This includes supporting with transition to Business as Usual
- Able to influence without authority
- Not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in – they will need to be actively involved with the team/site and not just instructing others what to do
- Strong people management skills – The role itself will manage approx. 10 x individuals (inc 2 in PMO). It will also manage a number of consultants. The overall team, including indirects, is approximately 40 people.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Management Information Systems, Accounting, Business, Engineering or equivalent combination of related work experience and education
- 3 to 4+ years project coordination experience from a reputable organization(s)
- Has a proven track record in managing large business & IT projects
3.General Knowledge and Skills:
- A high-level understanding of Information Systems concepts and practice, particularly those in common use, and a detailed knowledge of communications concepts and applications.
- Demonstrates mature inter-personal skills in all dealings with users, staff and suppliers.
- Displays a responsible attitude to following procedures, keeping records, and caring for equipment and other assets. Is familiar with the installed hardware and software and the procedures in use in the IT operations area.
- Has a variety of different skills including commercial, organisational, time management, negotiation and staff management skills. Pays attention to detail.
4.Specific Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Has a sound knowledge of security practices & SOD requirements.
- Knowledge of standard project management methodologies (e.g. PRINCE2, MSP) including (ideally) the use of the Wrike management
- Ideally has implemented Sage X3 before.
- Have a sound knowledge of developing and delivering IT based projects
If you are interested please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can call me on 072 394 3621
Salary up to $136 000 per annum plus benefits